Welcome to PCE Library Catalog
Paro College Library System is powered by KOHA which is a full-featured open-source ILS.
All students, academic and administrative staff of the College are members of the library.
Teacher trainees are kindly requested to show their student ID while using library services.
Borrowing Access and Loan Periods
- The library collections are available to all individuals for use.
- All faculty, staff and students are eligible for privileges to borrow from PCE library.
- 5 items per student for 2 weeks.
- 10 items per lecturers & 5 items per staff for two & one month respectively.
- 5 items per DE students and 10 items per M.Ed students for 2 weeks respectively.
- A user cannot take any library item in the name of others.
- Same book will not be loaned out in one person.
- Some items which are high in demand are categorized as Short-Terms Loans & are therefore, loaned out for 3 days.
- Students (DE & M.Ed as well) will be charged Nu.5 per day for overdue materials.
- Lecturers/staff will be charged Nu.10 per day for overdue materials.
- Borrowing privileges will be suspended if regular circulating materials are kept for 30 days or more beyond their due date, or if a recalled item is five days overdue and if there is a fine of more than Nu.100. . Privileges will be restored only after the items have been returned.
Lost or Damaged Items
- Any person who shall willfully, maliciously, deface, tear, write upon, ruin, or injure any library materials or facilities may be subjected to loss of library privileges and appropriate administrative action.
- Lost library items must be reported immediately.
- Replace the book or pay the purchased price plus a processing fee of Nu.50.
Holds & Recalls
- All borrowers are guaranteed the use of library books depending on the loan periods assigned unless a rush recall is placed to put the book on reserve.
- If an item is loaned out, library staff will put a recall on the item and must be submitted on the new due date. The patrons will receive a recall notice.
- Borrowing privileges will be suspended if a recalled item is not returned by the new recall due date and fines will be levied accordingly.
- An item can be placed on hold by consulting the library staff.
Returns & Renewals
- Materials checked out must be returned to the library staff.
- Library items can be renewed online.
- Renewal polices vary depending on the type of material and users.
Library Catalogue - the key to finding books in the library
Books in the library are shelved in call number order using the Dewey Decimal Classification system. The Dewey Decimal Classification System divides all knowledge into ten main classes as follows:
000 Computer Science, Information & General Works
100 Philosophy & Psychology
300 Social Sciences
700 Arts & Recreation
900 History & Geography
Some of the Dzongkha call numbers are:
Buddhist logic & philosophy – 181.043
Buddhism – 294.3
Language/Dictionaries – 495.4
Dzongkha grammar – 495.45
Dzongkha literature – 895.4
Dzongkha poetry – 895.41
Lozey – 895.41044
Dzongkha letter writing – 895.46
History – 954.98
Books by different authors on the same subject are shelved together in one place and are sub-arranged alphabetically by the surname of the author.
Books are entered in the following item types:
Short-Term Loan (issued for three days)
Catalog search tips: search by using title, author, call number, ISBN, publisher or go to advanced search and click on the item type & enter (eg. select text books & enter)
Patrons should not attempt to reshelve library materials.
Patrons should place books taken from the shelves on the counter near the Loans Desk for library staff to reshelve.